Monday, August 11, 2008

Button Covered Magnets

I have been making tons of these to decorate my refrigerator! They are simple and quick!


Material needed
button cover kit- I used 7/8" (2.2cm)
magnets- I used 7/8" rounds
needle nose pliers
hot glue & glue gun
fabric scraps
First you need to remove the metal loop to the back of the button.
I used the needle nose pliers and just pulled it off easily!
Use a fabric scrap that is twice the diameter of the button
place fabric on to button maker and push button shell in to place
pull fabric tight and trim excess fabric
fold fabric inward toward the button shell
Place metal back over top of fabric and push in to place
then pop button out
Using a hot glue gun put a blob of glue on to back of the fabric
cover button and push magnet in to place.
Use to decorate your refrigerator of metal file cabinets!
Enjoy! Meg

8 comments:

Terriaw said...

I have been thinking about making these to brighten up my cubicle at work, so thank you for the easy tutorial. I have to tell you how much I love all your tutorials! You make everything seem so easy with results that exceed my expectations.

amylouwhosews said...

I've been wanting to make these for a long time too! I'm glad for the tutorial. I ditto terriw - all of your tutorials are great!

I have lots of scraps, now I just need a button kit!

These would also be cute in your memo board if it was magnetic under the fabric!
Thanks!

Jona Giammalva said...

Wow!! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Lala said...

Hi Meg... What FUN!!! THese would make a nice little "teacher's gift" and the possibilites with fabric are endless... DEFINITTELY going to try this!!!

Thanks for sharing a great project!

Lala :o)

Brynn P. said...

THose are so cte!!!!!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Hello!

I was wondering if you sell patterns for your bags/purses? They are so cute!

judybee said...

Your buttons are adorable, bags, too!
Completely different subject...I saw "Mamma Mia" a couple of weeks ago and then couldn't stopped singing ABBA songs for about a week - then I found your blog and I'm back at it. hahahaha

CrazyChristieCrafts said...

Could I post a link to this tutorial on my new blog? I would love for my friends to be able to find your site and your cool project! Thanks!