Tuesday, April 19, 2011

~Play Room~

We recently reorganized some rooms in our home to create a Play Room for the kids.  I thought it was so funny because the first thing my little boy said was "mom you need to make a sign for the door", he knows his mother well. I wanted something fun and colorful (as always) so this is what I came up with! 

First I used Word Art in my Microsoft Word program and typed in the letters for play room
then I flipped them backwards
so when I traced them onto the wonder under they would be correct.
then I ironed them on to the fabric and cut out the letters!
 Ironed them onto a piece of white fabric and cut the rest of the shapes free hand.
 I used a "sketchy applique" or freehand applique
 do not look too closes my freehand still needs a little work!
I have been wanting to make a little banner. 
I have been seeing a lot of these lately and they are so cute
 I am really happy how it turned out! I think it is perfect for a Play Room!
 I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Meg

3 comments:

Heather said...

I absolutely love how this turned out. And even though you think your free hand needs work, I think it adds character for the overall look! I love it. You have inspired me to make my kids some name banners now.

Kelly O. said...

i am always in awe of your creativity. well done!

Anonymous said...

This turned out SO cute! Love it!