Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jump Start on the Holidays.......

I say this ever year and every year I wail till the weeks before Christmas to start my holiday shopping I hope to be different this year! But that remains to be seen..........

Oh well I have started my holiday sewing and I made this fun Stocking for Caramelo's Euro Winter launch on ebay starting September 23rd.
Detail of the ruffle and ric rac.

Then I made up this bag using a fabric from Heather Bailey's new pop garden line. I love how it looks with the chocolate brown cord, I also love the red and aqua together I wanted the red in the zig zag print to pop so I edged the middle stripe in a solid. Also I had to add a flower just for fun!

Here is it with out the flower.

I used the red for the interior as well!

Have a Happy evening! Meg

6 comments:

Terriaw said...

What a beautiful brown cord bag. I love how you centered the Pop Garden fabric, and made it pop with the red edging. It's sporty and fun and functional too. Love it!

Stacey said...

Very cute stuff...I am diggin that stockin!

Kelly said...

Add a pompom to the end of the toe, will make it funky & cute!

Lala said...

Hi Meg!!! LOVE the stocking... I love the ones with the "curly" toes... :o)

That bag is GROOVY!!! For some reason I hear the Brady Bunch theme in my head (Definitely something MARCIA would carry!)... Love it paired with the brown cord!

Lala :o)

amylouwhosews said...

I forgot to comment when I initially saw this. I think that stocking is so adorable. I really want to make Christmas stockings this year.... You've inspired me!

Unknown said...

I love, love, love the stocking. I am going to try my hand at making stockings this year....wish me luck.