Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Always listen to your mother...........

Remember the countless time growing up you heard don't run with anything in your mouth! I can not even begin to think how many times I have tried to ingrain that in to my 5yr old sons head.
Well this past weekend our local elementary school had a "Spring Festival" with lots of little games and fun little prizes, well Ben wanted to win the wooden flute the most of all, and he did!
Then when getting ready to go grocery shopping Sunday afternoon he was sitting on his bike in our living room playing his lovely wooden flute and he happened to fall off the bike with the wooden flute in his mouth!
It punctured through the roof of his mouth. Needless to say I freaked out (dear hubby was already in town running errands) so I phoned my mom and dad.
Well after a trip to the ER and some pretty heavy duty antibiotics to prevent a bacterial infection as well as a follow up Dr apt....
The flute went in the trash!He is on the mend, and life is back to normal aside from the soft food diet he is on!
So on to some mini quilts....
I made these for some April Swaps! I loved how the daisy turned out!

Check out the new Asian Inspired launch on ebay.

This is my new listing. A lotus flower appliqued on to linen with a great beaded handle!

I am working on some fun new designs and a tutorial I hope to have finished very soon!

Have a happy day! Meg

5 comments:

My Precious Peanut Designs said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry about your son's accident!! We made a trip to the ER this past weekend as well...my 12 1/2yr old had to get 3 staples in his head! I hope your son is feeling better soon!!

The first mini quilt is my fave! It looks so cheerful!

Julia said...

Oh my gosh, how painful that had to be!!!! It;s so sad that his little dream flute caused such an injury. Your projects are great!

Janis said...

Very cute bag and the daisy is so clever! Beautiful work, each and every piece.

So sorry about your mishap and especially that you were alone when it happened - of course! Hope he gets back to normal soon.

Lala said...

Hi Meg!!! Glad your little man is on the mend!!! I get so nervous when my daughter has LOLLIPOP... I'm sure he was a brave guy... :o)

I LOVE that daisy too!!!

Good luck with the launch!

lala :o)

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Meg, just found your blog and to read about your ER visit, hope your son will recover fast.
Love all your sewing projects, I'll be back.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie