Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dresden Plate these may become an addiction......

Living in Dresden, I have always wanted to try a Dresden Plate Quilt block finally I decided to go ahead and give it a go, I searched around and found some great tutorials here & here!
It came together so much easier than I thought!
Here is my plate before I stitched the pieces together.
Here it is after! I just had to add my favorite contrast fabric, the black & white polka dot for the center!

If you would like some more inspiration check out these designs here, here & here.....

Have a Happy Day! Meg

4 comments:

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

I love dresden plates in all forms. The colors you have chosen are brilliant and the center really allows the colors to pop.

Kelly O. said...

so bright and cheery!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh my gosh! I have just been thinking about starting a dresden plate quilt the last few days. I've even started looking for patterns and bought some fabric for the centers, so THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your's look like the kind I've wanted to do - everything all ready to go before hand stitching them on. I'll have to check out your links. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Found you on Flickr as I'm currently participating in a Dresden Plate exchange and getting increasingly addicted.

Lovely plate, love the black and white dotty centre!