Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh Baby!!!!

It seems I have babies on the mind lately my son will be 5 in December and I am starting to get that baby itch! Oh well in time I guess.....

Remember when I posted these well I created them for a M. Miller Baby Bootie contest and at the time my girl friend had just found out she was having a little girl! I have been counting down the days until they fit her tiny feet. She was over the other day and I tried and they finally fit I was so excited I had to take pictures. I love her little baby legs!


I was inspired by a post Anna Maria Horner did a while ago on a gift she created for her daughter! I love homemade gifts and I have wanted to try to make a carry along baby bed for a while but I have not had a little girl to make one for. Well I guess it got the better of me and I drew up a pattern and made this. I love how it turned out.

I even made a matching mini quilt and pillow!


Have you seen the new line of fabrics Sugar Snap from Melissa Averinos it is simply Yummy!! I have been waiting for it to hit the stores. I ordered mine from Jona and it arrived this weekend, I have already started playing. I love the colors.

Here is a peek at the flap I have done it will go on a purse.

I hope to have it finished tomorrow!

More to come soon! Meg

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a pattern for this cute little bed? I have a 3 year old that would LOVE it?

Terriaw said...

I love that little baby bed and matching quilt with pillow! Adorable. That beginning of a new purse from Sugar Snap is quite enticing to me. I need to get over to Jona's shop.

coryshay said...

I would also love a pattern for that bed!! So adorable!!

Unknown said...

That is simply adorable. I love all of it, the shoes, the mini-quilt and pillow, the bed. Adorable.

Stacey said...

Ok, those little shoes are adorable. I love the detail they have! The baby bed is a great idea as well. My girls would love one for Christmas...thinking of doing up a tutorial? :) Love your stuff as always!

Erin said...

Oh, I love this bed! I want to make one, too. What kind of interfacing (if any) did you use? I've been making plans for my handmade Christmas and I think my niece and my cousin's little girl would love this.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Hi, I just found your blog through a friend. I LOVE the little doll bed. I see from the other comments that I'm not the only one. I do hope you will offer the pattern. I would really like to make one for my daughter.

Jennie said...

Ditto on the pattern. I would love to make one for my daughter for Christmas.

Also, I'm still loving my purse that you gave me from the blog giveaway a couple of months ago. I get compliments on it all the time. I tell them about your site too!

You do such quality work! I have to ask...what interfacing do you use? I love the way it feels and it's sturdiness.

Thanks
jlas25@yahoo.com

amylouwhosews said...

OH how I love baby feet. And baby shoes!

And that baby doll bed and quilt are too sweet. I know a little 3 year old (mine) who would LOVE that. Too too cute.

Weber family said...

I would love a pattern also! The baby bed is adorable! I think that this would make a great Christmas present for my daughters.

Loralynn said...

Okay, I have to throw my two cents worth in...I too would love have the pattern for this darling little carrier! Any chance you will be doing a tutorial or selling the pattern? Inquiring minds want to know...