Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zucchini Everywhere.........

My uncle has a very nice garden! Lucky for me he shares, he grew jumbo zucchini this year so my aunt & I have been trying out many different recipes! Speaking of recipes have you checked out The Pioneer Woman new food site Tasty Kitchen? Lots of wonderful recipe's, today Ree featured a recipe for Molten Chocolate Lava Cake need I say more!!

Back to Zucchini........

This is my son modeling with a zucchini!
This is my own "recipe" for a Zucchini and Onion Lasagna, it is super Yummy. I have posted the recipe here!

This is another recipe I tried out, Ree featured it as well Zucchini Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! , I skipped the coconut and ginger and it was still yummy!

Next I am on to sifting through the thousand plus recipes for zucchini bread!

Have Happy Day! Meg

5 comments:

Kelly O. said...

That's one big zucchini.
they weren't lying when they coined them as JUMBO!

Julia said...

My gosh I believe it's bigger than the big boy holding it!!!

Loralynn said...

Wow! That lasagna sounds yummy! I can't wait to make it for the Hubby and me one night...when the kids are at the Grandparents. Unfortunately, I know the kids won't eat it.

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

THANK YOUU!!! I tried your recipe tonight and it was well received. I have three boys who are as disparate in what they like as can be and my husband is a diabetic so this recipe actually worked really well. THANKS!!

Our zucchini were store bought and no where near as large as yours but still delicious.

Ati said...

HOLY! He's just a boy... and had a great good impression with a veggie thats so healthy! im a older lets say 30's and my bf always teased me... im gonna bring the biggest zucchini eva!!! never gave lots of thought till last week... baby, that was bigger than my fore arm!!! can't believe you guys grow iy so big here in canada lol!!!!