Monday, April 12, 2010

Hexies....

Hexies, they seem to be very popular right now and I have always been a bit intimidated by the construction of them. My Aunt gave me a few patterns a while ago and I finally pulled them out and gave it a try. Aside from my sore finger tips from all of the hand sewing, they are super easy!

Now to decide on the layout....
Here are some great tutorial if you want to give it a go!
this is more of the method I am using Hexagon Piecing
this one is perfect for machine piecing I will be trying this......
Have Fun!
Meg

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been seeing these alot lately, but I was wondering why on your's I don't see the thread on the right side holding the fabric in place, like most others are? Is there a special trick that you know, so you don't have to hand sew them? They look beautiful!

fuska said...

it's hard work. but beutiful

Dani said...

Hello! My english isn't very good, but i can understand your love to handmade. I love handmade too and i say thank you to the flowers"s tutorial.
I just can't know your name. What is it??

Sandra Henderson said...

I'm new to blogging since Feb., but there's a group that has Wed. Flower Garden. Annsquiltng journey, it's on teh sidebar of my blog. Anyways, I think this is a good way to break it down and get a quilt made w/hexagons...
FUN fabric! Cumberland Quilt Chick

Lisa said...

Love the fabrics... you have done a lovely job of them. I'm abit imtimidated by them myself....take care Lisa

Lori Holt said...

love our hexies!...they are addicting aren't they?
I've been working on a hexie project too and posted a tutorial on my blog.
This is my first time to your blog and I'm glad that I found you...
x
lori