Thursday, July 14, 2011

What's on my sewing table....

Along with my Farmers Wife Quilt I have been working on a few other quilts. 
Here is a look at my progress on my Dresden Plate. It is going to be a wall hanging for my "living room redo" so I think 9 plates will be plenty!
Still undetermined on the center circles though.......
 4 done 5 more cut and ready to sew!!!


Now on to the progress of my hexi squared quilt!  This is the most time consuming quilt I have ever done!
I started it last summer and I have been hand sewing the hexis and then machine sewing the borders.  I tend to work like crazy on this quilt and then it will sit for weeks or even a month.....
 I am still unsure of how bit this one will be each "square" measure 19"
 I do love how it is turning out though.  There is something to be said about hand sewing, it make you appreciate the craft from it roots!
I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Meg

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I recently did a bright colored Dresden and I left the centers open! It looks so cute. I love your blocks with the polka dot backgrounds.

Allie said...

Your Dresden is just beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished.

M and M plus 3 said...

I did some scrap Dresden's used in 2 laps last year. I really need to do some more! And I love your hexes! Their fresh looking.