Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Wonderland Cake

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Holiday!  I am making cakes these days just about as much as I am sewing so I thought I would share a few of my creations here! 
This is a cake that I did for a wedding right before Christmas the theme was Winter Wonderland!

The snowman family was sculpted out of fondant.
 the cake was iced in butter cream
& the snowflakes and branches were fondant and it is accented with edible sugar pearls.



Hope you are having a great day!
Meg


4 comments:

Craftcherry said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful cake! I wouldn't want to cut it.

Brittny said...

You are too cute!!! I have only had about 45 seconds to look at your blog (my 3 year old decided she'd pull out all the Christmas bags and ribbon and wrap stuff for her brother) but I wanted to tell you I love your blog already! Also, I found an old tutorial for a teepee you made and posted on Sew Mama Sew! a few years ago. I was researching homemade teepees last night and I loved yours the most. (It also didn't cost $100-150 to make like the first one I found. Hello! I could just buy one!) Do you still have that tutorial anywhere else? I couldn't get the photos to enlarge so I could see the detail. You can email me at bah51504@gmail.com or check out my blog (not nearly as impressive!) and leave a comment on there. Can't wait to hear from you!

Unknown said...

such a delightful cake! I absolutely love snowmen and your cake features the snow family wonderfully!!

michal said...

Wow! This is a work of art! Love it!