Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF!!!!

I am so glad it is Friday not that there is anything exciting is going on this weekend but I was ready for a Saturday where I do not have anything scheduled those seem to be few and far between!

I started off the week crafting some holiday ornaments. Did anyone ever make these when they were younger? You start with a Styrofoam ball and hundreds of beads sequins and straight pins.....


After a few hours it looks like this...........
And if you still have your sanity the end product is this......
or this.....I simply love sequins, I love how they shine. I think the time it take to complete a single ornament is worth it, as the end product will be treasured for years to come on your holiday tree or if you are like me you will keep them out all year just to stare at.

I received my Ohio State University patches and I made up a
couple of fun "college themed" totes!
I finished my mini purse that I will ship off to be modeled for
an upcoming holiday launch with En.Core on ebay.



And of course I am still playing with my new
Heather Bailey pin cushion pattern. Here I have used my
Garden Party scraps and I just love how the pear turned out.

Also check out the cool hat pins. Which I will use to
decorate my pin cushions. I found them here!


Have a super weekend! Meg



6 comments:

Terriaw said...

I do remember those ornaments, and I still love them. They look so sparkly! What a perfect way to use your scrap fabrics. I'm always looking for ideas to use up those odd-size pieces. And the pins are over-the-top cute!

amylouwhosews said...

That pincushion is cute. I have a lame tomato one still and I think I need to upgrade! Was that pattern pretty easy to follow?

Katarina said...

Great ideas as always Meg, love those sequin balls!!!!!!

kATARINA

Elizabeth Bracco said...

I have just found your blog and all of the amazing inspiration you share. WOW!! I love the fabric you used on the snowman s'more purse. Can you share where that fabric is sold? I would love to make some holiday stockings for the kids. :)

MegN said...

Thanks for the great comments the fabric it a smores print by Moda they have a whole fun line!
Hugs! Meg

Debbie said...

GO BUCKEYES!!! I am a friend of amylouwho. I love that bag!!!