Monday, June 8, 2009

Time flies when your having fun.......

Well I just got back from a mini break vacation with my family, lots of fun! Lets just say after 30 years I thought I would be past getting car sick, well unfortunately not so.....
Anyway I have discovered a great business in the town I live in called the Dresden Junkshun, lots of great vintage & older items in need of some love & care! I have found some great buys and I am becoming addicted to "making over" chairs and other pieces of furniture!

Here is a chair I bought for $10.00!
Some paint and a new fabric covered cushion & I am in love!
This is a wire rack I bought, it was black and painted it aqua with an over lay of green!
I love how the finish turned out!
These I found at a yard sale pink melamine/plastic tea cups all six for $2.00! I see visions of some pretty pincushions in these!
They are just so sweet!
I so need to get on track with my quilt along! I will post more pics soon!
Have a happy day! Meg

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

Love it! And that store sounds so fun! I wish I had a place like that.

Beth said...

oh, what a great haul! I liek how the iwre rack turned out! and little pink tea cup pincushions will surely be cute!

Allie said...

I LOVE the wire rack, I want one!

cheryl said...

Hi Meghan!! Thanks for the Dresden JUNK-Shun plug! I love what you did with the chair and wire stand! Your website is BEAUTIFUL! Stop up and see us sometime! ~Cheryl
http://dresdenjunkshun.weebly.com