Monday, June 8, 2009

Time flies when your having fun.......

Well I just got back from a mini break vacation with my family, lots of fun! Lets just say after 30 years I thought I would be past getting car sick, well unfortunately not so.....
Anyway I have discovered a great business in the town I live in called the Dresden Junkshun, lots of great vintage & older items in need of some love & care! I have found some great buys and I am becoming addicted to "making over" chairs and other pieces of furniture!

Here is a chair I bought for $10.00!
Some paint and a new fabric covered cushion & I am in love!
This is a wire rack I bought, it was black and painted it aqua with an over lay of green!
I love how the finish turned out!
These I found at a yard sale pink melamine/plastic tea cups all six for $2.00! I see visions of some pretty pincushions in these!
They are just so sweet!
I so need to get on track with my quilt along! I will post more pics soon!
Have a happy day! Meg

5 comments:

Charmaine @ randalswife said...

Love it! And that store sounds so fun! I wish I had a place like that.

connie said...

Hi,

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

I look forward to hearing from you.


Here is info on the latest giveaway: Win: 1 Frosted Memories Fat Quarter Bundle by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics ! To enter simply "tell a friend" to spread the word about Quilt Qua. You can send an e-mail to people, post on your blog, comment on someone else's blog, put info in your guild newsletter, etc. Then send an e-mail to: quiltqua@gmail.com and let me know what you did. Enter as often as you wish. Random drawing for the winner will be at 10 pm July 31st. (Feel free to post giveaway info on your site)

Let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!



--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867

Beth said...

oh, what a great haul! I liek how the iwre rack turned out! and little pink tea cup pincushions will surely be cute!

Allie said...

I LOVE the wire rack, I want one!

cheryl said...

Hi Meghan!! Thanks for the Dresden JUNK-Shun plug! I love what you did with the chair and wire stand! Your website is BEAUTIFUL! Stop up and see us sometime! ~Cheryl
http://dresdenjunkshun.weebly.com